I think what makes these "relationships" unique is the unfettered nature of the communication. Among some of the "vets" there is a no holds barred response to things, but it is tempered w/ love and empathy. The humor is unique in that we laugh at ourselves and with each other, not at anyone! I'm always amazed at the ability to put our own foibles out there for millions to read and the cyber laughter that bubbles along the ethernet! The coffee clatch from afar, yet in my mind I hear the giggles and guffaws as we share our stories, I imagine the box of kleenex making the rounds of a warm, cozy room full of overstuffed furniture and the smell of herb tea as we share tears and sorrows. And mostly, this is a safe place, this is a place where those of us w/ intimacy issues, who might never have these unfettered conversations face to face, will share things that need sharing, will ask for help when normally we wouldn't, will reach out and interact w/ love and find comfort in at last, common ground.

I'm so very grateful, that even in my prodigal times, that these woman, these sisters, are here!