Hi Dotsie, I haven't read Leigha's response yet, but I will later this evening when I get my carton of ice cream for my "read along." For now, I must say that I would think that the scattered mind is more about being overloaded. You see, when I was going through chemo, I experienced a brain fog. Actually, it was called chemo brain. The chemicals affected both my logical thinking and my creativity. Now that it's been 2 years off chemo, I can feel my brain activity returning to clarity. So, based on this brief example, I would say that for me the scattered is not so much about menopause as it is about being unable to focus due to having too much information and too much to do and too much I want to do. I think we expect too much from ourselves, especially when, in your case, you have children, a recent death in the family, the launching of this site and all its various forms and forums. Dotsie, I'm not saying you can't handle it and that's why you feel scattered, I am saying we expect ourselves to handle so much and then we get scattered. My mind is in better shape now then in my twenties, when I was overwhelmed with trauma. Oh, I just remembered, I AM on anti-depressants which bring about clarity and the ability to cope, something I didn't have in my twenties. So, the question, "What's wrong with our minds" really threw me. I've spent a life-time learning that nothing is "wrong" with me and my mind, but now I see where you were coming from. Love and Light, Lynn