Thanks for all the inspiration. I had not considered music - since this event will be aboard a boat. It will be a small family affair. My son has offered to burn a CD of songs - now I just have to ask for suggestions from everyone. I know my Dad loved "Fly Me To the Moon" and Mother was a Vince Gill fan (she always thought Vince looked like my Dad in his 'hunky' days.)

My brother passed away 15 years ago, but it was my parents wish to all be scattered together. Dad passed on Easter Sunday, and Mother passed last Sunday. Today would have been their 68th anniversary. They had quite a love affair - in fact, their story is exactly the same - swans and all - as The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks. From opposite sides of the tracks - but their love overcame it all. Mother surcommed to Alzheiemer's disease about 6 years ago, loosing touch with everyone except Dad. She never knew he had passed away - we would say that he was napping and the next minute she would be calling for her mother. A terrible disease - but actually a blessing - she would have died of a broken heart if she had known he was gone.

They loved to tell the story of how they met. Dad on his Harley - Mother cruising in her Dad's Cadillac. They courted for 7 years before her Dad would approve of the marriage. Then - to spite them all - they eloped to Indiana.

I like the notion of telling stories. I will meet with my brother's kids tomorrow and ask them if they'd like to contribute. They were quite young when their Dad died and they were estranged from the family for a few years. I'm sure they would love to hear more about their family, too.

You've given me a lot to work with. Thanks again.