Hey Ladies--just checking in. Down 13 pounds today--YAY!!! Still, can't help but wish it would burn FASTER! FASTER I say!! I feel like cursing out every one of those dang fat cells--tell them to get out of my body! Well, I guess the cells stay, but I hope they start shrinking faster. You know, I wonder about the actual process of it all. We know what happens when we eat a lot--we digest it, a form of it stays and some becomes fat, and we pass the rest. So when we burn those calories, where do they go? Do we sweat them out? Of course, with all of the water I have been drinking, I sure have to use the restroom a lot more--I wonder if they are released that way. Anyone know exactly where those stinking, godforsaken calories go? And why can't we target exactly what parts of us they leave? I sure wish my belly would shrink faster--I HATE carrying my fat in my tummy! I am losing weight, but my tummy doesn't look much flatter--maybe after another 10 pounds or so I will see a difference. I KNOW this is possible--I saw a woman about 20 years older than me at the mall--she was returning a size 6 dress because it was too big now! She had lost weight for her daughter's wedding and needed a size 4!! Dang it--I used to wear those sizes a long time ago--feels like eons!! I am far from it now--but maybe I can get closer--and maybe one day I really can be that tiny again! Ladies, is it me, or did sizes change? At my tiniest, right around 100 pounds, I wore 3s and 5s and sometimes 7s. I guess if I was that tiny again, I would wear 0s and 2s!! I am amazed when I see people heavier than I used to be wearing sizes smaller than I used to wear--what's up with that?!! Oh--BTW--this midwestern girl detoured through the south and picked up a taste for sweet tea--that is my vice, and the one I am trying to avoid at all costs. I keep reminding myself that I USED to drink tea without any sweetener or sugar--I should have never developed a taste for it. So, that is why I drink water only--I hate carbonated drinks because they make me feel gassy and bloated, and I began only liking tea when it was sweet as syrup! THAT is probably why I gained so much weight! So only water for me--and maybe one day I will once again develop a taste for unsweetened tea--never did like any artificial sweeteners, either. Water for now, and midwestern iced tea with NO sweeteners when I develop a taste for it again. I am really beginning to like plain water now, so we'll see if I develop new tastes in the future. I snack on fruit now and love it so much more than my previous snack choices--I think you really can change your tastes with practice and time. Good luck to us all!

Edited by KateRyan2012 (07/18/06 07:05 PM)