I don't usually talk about it because I notice people around me tend to "look for signs" or attribute any unexplainable action to it, but I am bi-polar. I was diagnosed over 15 years ago. Somehow just knowing what the problem is has helped tremendously. The major change I have made in my life is to keep everything routine. That truly is the key for me. No surprises to deal with makes a really good day. That, and regular sleep. A bi-polar without sleep is not a healthy situation. When you are in a manic phase you really never get sleepy. You don't need sleep and you actually have no patience with mere mortals who require it....my poor husband. I just want to close with the point that my life is very good and happy. It's an illness and although you can't always take care of yourself, you try and accept it and manage your illness in the same way everyone else manages whatever was thrown their way. We do depend on friends and family more than most people do. This is true even when we are pushing you away and abusive to you. The people put in our lives are angels and I love each one of mine with a passion.

Edited by Old Knitter (07/29/06 01:41 PM)