Where do I start? Firstly, there is nothing like a week with your immediate family to remind you why you moved away from them in the first place. I swear...I was waiting for the 'mothership' to come and get me and the baby! My partner wisely stayed out of this particular visit!! My oldest has lost the plot...and you guessed it...yup...it is ALL my fault!! Yup, it was me...I did it all....created the whole in the ozone etc!!! Two days back in Belfast and letters from Corrymeela....no we didn't get shorlisted...more like bloomin' short shifted!!! Homophobic?
It's fine that we fill the lower position of volunteers for 20 odd blinkin' years....but allow a same sex couple near there glass ceiling...yada yada yada!!! I am soooo hurt, there so called christian ethos is a phallacy( I don't give a toss if am spelling right or wrong...ya'll get the drift).
My partners ego is bruised more, she feels that it may be more to to with not being qualified for the job in her case...oh such naivety! I wish I felt the same. My heart and soul are bruised, so much so that I nearly decided that I would never volunteer there again! Then I thought better...why should I let whatever the ignorance is stop me from adding to peoples lives every summer. My focus, thank God came back to the people I am of service to and their needs.So, back to plan A....to take over the world!!!! No, I actually do have other great plans and dreams that can be acheived and involve being of service to others less well off than myself..as well as doing something I am passionate about...making jewllery and teaching other people the craft of designing and making something beautiful. Whew...I almost feel uplifted now...and greatful even. Thank God for orios...Ella and cotton pj's. Ranting over. Cheers for Boomers.

Popea.

p.s I wonder should I bring my appointment with my therapists forward???..lol.
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love