Quote:

Conversations;

We in our peer group often wonder: Do women have a life outside their children/grandchildren?

I cannot tell you how many I, and many of my peers, have lost friends because women do not know how to hold conversations that do NOT include children. Granted,we realize that they are a huge part of your lives, but we long to have conversations with our dear friends without feeling like we stick out like sore thumbs.

Sadly we have nothing to offer. Granted, we are happy that you are happy. Remember; WE are extremely saddened by the fact that we cannot join in these conversations.

Please be considerate that not all the world had kids.

I am a woman who chose early not to have children at all. I do not regret this decision at all, it fits my personality and life goals. However because of society's still annoying expectation that a healthy woman should have a child or 2, even women like myself, start doubting themselves, despite the reality (I stress a reality), that they don't have maternal feelings..to raise children.

So it makes me different from you, Di.

I'm not impressed by women who want to become grandmothers. This is unfair to any younger woman who chooses to be childless. It is selfish to yearn to be a grandmother since the event is dependent on someone else becoming pregnant. I'm sorry. A younger woman deserves to define her future properly that develops the best of herself in a healthy way and enables her to give the best of herself to society at large.

As for socializing with women who have children, so far, it hasn't been a problem. Most mothers I socialize with, do wnat to talk about other stuff outside of children. Some of them want to socialize with me, I know, so that we CAN talk about work-related stuff, travel and learn from each other.

There are some mothers with grown adult children, who I wish would just pull themselves out of their young children-raising days and realize their adult children no longer need them...and that they are now free to develop their own interests/skills. But maybe it's just scary to venture to the big wide world.

I feel sad for women who have lost children to death, at a young age. It must be hard to outlive your own children.