Many of you say that one should leave one´s adult children to have their own lives and get on with one´s life..I am living with a man that is the same age as my oldest living daughter,34. I will soon be 60. So yes, I have my own life. But my other daughter..the single mother with 3 kids, is still looking for her mother, she says. She needs help..but not at the expense of my entire life..what´s left of it..(my opinion)..so what is the definition of a mother? Caretaker? Is it supposed to be one that never says "no"..I work with "needy" children..that´s my job..and yes, I can have stomach aches and sleepless nights because of the children that I work with..they are not mine, but they TRUST in me and I cannot break their trust..OooooHHHHHH..where does motherhood begin and end???

Am I the sort of person that doesn´t understand not being a mom not by choice??? I KNOW that I am blessed by my biological children..that I cannot deny..but I am also blessed by the children that I touch and the trust and love they give me each day. And I remember my clumsy friends and aquaintances that tried to give me solace and comfort when my child died..because I assume that they tried..and believe me, there is a STARE and silence there too. Hospital attendents who tried to understand with looks..and I wanted to give them a punch..but today I think I understand that they tried.

Am I totally off here??? Please tell me if I am. I want to know..Life has so many cuts..aspects..and it is thru sincerity that we learn from one another..or NOT???? I am almost afraid to post this..but I will anyway..maybe to learn something myself that I don´t SEE..because I certainly don´t SEE everything! I have learned that at least!