As odd as it sounds, I'm kinda glad to see so many here really "open up" about their lost dream of children.

I remember many, many years ago...as a teen, I did not want to have any. If I recall, that was during the new "women's rights" movement AND before I grew up and got married.

Sadly, we are all programmed with "first comes love, then comes marriage"....my "then comes Diane with the baby carriage" never happened.

Because of that mis-conception about life, I do NOT give out baby dolls to little girls as gifts. To me, it is terrible to allow a little girl to get a preconceived idea that she WILL be a mommy. It still hurts me today that I did not know that some women may never give birth. I blame it on no education and society "assuming" that all women have children.

High school health class teacher never once said "Now girls, some of you could possibly have an imperfect body and experience childlessness". I was never warned......NEVER!

Therefore, I am making an effort to give, as gifts, a few books written by a friend. There are two out now, of a trilogy. They are about a childless couple at Christmas time. I want kids to know that there ARE, in fact, couples who are saddened about not having children. That we DO exist.