The only time I've ever had to hang my food was when I was on a backpacking trip. Yes, I LOVE to go backpacking too. But camping in a park and backpacking in the wilderness are two very different activities.

When "the group" camps, we don't exactly rough in. After camp is set up, it's pretty cozy. Saturday night dinners are the best. Checkered tablecloth, candles on the table, tiki torches around the site, music on a CD player, spaghetti with homemade sauce, garlic cheese bread, salad, and of course, wine. We've done "the dinner" so many times, everybody has their own assignment. It isn't even discussed, we all just bring our contribution.

A couple of us have portable stoves to make things easier. Especially for breakfast when one person is cooking eggs/omelets and one is cooking gourmet "pepper spiced" bacon.

JawJaw, IF you ever want to camp for a night, just let me know. I've got enough equipment to outfit a small girl scout group. And maybe we could even have pizza delivered so there would be no cooking.

LOL...

Whirlwind