My husband and I used to tent camp every summer. The last time we did it, we had just gotten to the site and set up camp. It was about dusk and we were sitting at the picnic table playing Yahtzee (he always beats me!).

We heard a noise and looked over towards the car, a mere 20 feet away. There was a bear reaching in through the partially opened window trying to get to our groceries. He got what he wanted and ambled away.

We checked out the car and there was slobber all over the seats, and the drivers side head rest was totally bent forward so the bear could reach the groceries. Well, that did it.

We had eaten in our tent before, and I just knew that the bear would be back that night to check out the great food smells from our tent while we were sleeping.

So, sorry hubby, but let's pack up!!! We packed up the entire camp and went to a motel. There, I discovered the joys of a comfy mattress, a nearby indoor potty, and breakfast out!

Needless to say, we have rarely camped since then. And I honestly think my hubby doesn't miss it either. This doesn't mean we avoid the great outdoors - we just enjoy our creature comforts without the wild creatures!

Kathy