Hi Dotsie,
The caregiving thing is still a "work in progress". I'm still trying to find my pace and rhythm. I'm discovering two things: the first is that I really love my brother and thoroughly enjoy hanging out with him, taking care of him and spending that time talking with him. It's an immeasurable joy to be able to be there with/for him. Although I've always known how dear and beloved he is to me, it still surprises me just how much I enjoy being with him, even through the difficult days right after chemo...so much so that I see this time and chance to help my brother as a wonderful, tender gift from a God who knew I needed my brother as much as he needs me right now.

The second thing that I'm discovering is that what I miss the most is my "downtime". I do a fair bit of walking to the grocery store to get groceries, and manage to fit some practical exercise into my daily chores and routines, but what I find hardest to fit into the day is downtime, time to play on the computer, time to come here and relax with my Boomer sisters, time to read (still trying to find time to read a book that Chatty sent me a couple of weeks ago!) - I crave just a nice little stretch of time to do nothing except what I want to do, but am finding it impossible to carve even just an hour out of the busy days. I'm sure that as time goes on and we learn more about what to expect from these chemo treatments, I'll be able to block off more time for myself.

In the meantime, I find whatever spare moments I can and run with them, even it means just posting one message a day!!! I've closing in on 2000 posts, but at this rate, I might not make that 2000th one until 2007!

Edited by Eagle Heart (10/02/06 05:51 PM)

(Maya Angelou)