JawJaw had a great list which included a lot of what I enjoy doing.

One additional thing I would like to recommend is making powerpoint presentations. I enjoy putting together slide show of photos as gifts. I did one for my son Chris' graduation which included tons of photos of Chris with various members of our family from day one of his life through graduation. Then I added music and made copies for all of his aunts and uncles and grandparents and friends... Everyone was touched.

I have done a Christmas one and given it as a Christmas gift. I also did one for our parish that was quite touching. It was about 3-4 minutes and was a slide show introducing the importance of contributing to a "Family-to-Family" project we were doing to help the less fortunate members of our community. My son and I went into each sunday school classroom one sunday morning and showed it to each class and then followed it with a little discussion. The kids were great - they were quite taken with the photos of those less fortunate and it brought it closer to them to see that they were luckier than many. The music we chose for that one was "Did you ever know that you're my hero" and it was a perfect choice. We had really good participation in the project.

I find it very energizing to use creativity in making the project and selecting the photos. It also is a family production as my son enjoyed adding to it. Plus - it's such a great gift idea as it comes from the heart!