Most of the time when the kids, grandkids, and other unsundry relatives are not here, Dan and I enjoy doing nothing together. Sometimes he gets on his computer and I get on mine and we send jokes and flirt online across the den.
Tonight we came home from church where they sing only those new 'praise songs' and put on a CD of old hymns and sang together (he sings well, I try). Sometimes we put on old music and dance. Sometimes I paint or write and he does some wood project. Sometimes we read. Sometimes he flips through the TV chanels until I go berserk and insist he stops then we watch Dancing with the Stars, Home Makeover, or PBS. Sometimes we talk. Sometimes we make love.

There's always things to do. Actually I think there's more to do when the kids are gone. At least a lot more you want to do.

And when the grandkids come along an empty nests can be a great thing. Dot's, you've got a lot to look forward to.

smile