Christmas holidays can be tough for me b/c I'm not always included with family events, even though my local family live all w/in 1 hour of each other.

My mother chooses the company of other women over her own daughters (I've discussed this in another topic). My father does not acknowledge our birthdays nor did he call us at Thanksgiving (he lives in OK w/ my paternal family). He comes first, b/4 anyone, regardless. My mother says I'm selfish when it comes to spending monen on others, wonder where I get that trait! Hmmm! I watch the $$$ and only spend about $25 each on my siblings and thier children each, I also buy the children savings bonds and shall hold them until I think they are ready to use the $$$ appropriately. NONE of my siblings have given me a simple Christmas card nor present in I don't know how many years. They do not acknowledge my birthday nor during holidays unless I've been invited. Why? I'm the one who spoke up about the abuse. Also, my mother says I'm the oldest, not to worry about me, whatever that means. Oh, and I'm selfish.

NO, I do not want sympathy, that's simply how it is. I cannot change these people.

I, too, allow my anger to cover for life's hurts, which keeps me in the past -- the Ghost of Christmas Past visits. I'm not contact my family regarding Christmas plans, if they contact me fine, otherwise I'll be hurt if I count on their promises only to be left behind. I can use the time to relax, catch up on reading and watch the movies I've missed. I can also get up early on the 26th and shop the sales!